breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Brief Quotation in Review

As long as I consider my personal temperament and think about what I am fitted for, I shall never hear the call of God.

But when I am brought into relationship with God, I am in the condition the Isaiah was in.

Isaiah's soul was so attuned to God by the tremendous crisis he had gone through that he recorded the call of God to his amazed soul.

The majority of us have no ear for anything but ourselves, we cannot hear a thing God says.

To be brought into the zone of the call of God is to be profoundly altered.


-Oswald Chambers




(Don't mind the title...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oswald Chambers is my man! oh so true. I think so often we are so stuck on ourselves. I am selfish too. it haunts me.
i read parts of a bunch of your posts so i think im kinda responding to all of them here. heres some amazing verses form ecclesiastes,

-be not rash with your mouth and let not thine heart be hasty to utter anything before God.

-for in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also diverse vanities: but fear thou God
hehehe
-wisdom is better than weapons of war

-that which has been is now; and that which is to be has already been

-yana

Anonymous said...

"The majority of us have no ear for anything but ourselves, we cannot hear a thing God says."

as much as i hate to admit it, this quote is so true. i hate hate hate it.