breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Monday, April 09, 2007

Renewal

If I were not a Christian I would probably curse; a lot. I know this because I often say words like crap, and dang, and I say them for no good reasons, to be honest. I don’t know exactly why I don’t curse now, except the obvious reason that Jesus changes people, like really changes them.

But cursing is not an issue for me. Rarely even a thought, unless I have seen some movie that frequents the words. I guess it serves no purpose when your mind chooses not to operate in that manner. I can understand the uses of curse words if your mindset is built in a way that requires cursing to express how they feel. But I don’t believe its necessary, its chosen.

Our mindsets also seem so malleable, so young and naive, so easily influenced by media, by our friends, our families, our peers, or just the common culture. As much as we would like to think it, we are not islands, we are not individual fortresses, and we cannot live in this world alone. We need other people. We are constantly exchanging information; constantly communicating. We rub off on people and people rub off on us. Were all connected to some extent.

God is love. By his love, by Jesus’s death and resurrection we are able to die to our old nature, our nastiness, our corrupt and influenced minds, and come alive to the mind of Christ.

Jesus can transform our minds and our lives if we just ask and believe. Give him a little and you get a lot.

I encourage you, renew your mind.

No comments: