breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Im not ready for anything beautiful

Im not ready for anything beautiful


I looked around, the world today

Inside me I found nothing pleasing

I looked inside, the people today

Emptiness abound, nothing enticing


Not a thing enticing


Apathy is not the word for me

I care much for humanity

Yet apathy is not strange to me

Because I look at it in the mirror, perhaps daily


Yes I must look daily


I searched inside myself today

I was not pleased, so I released my past

I searched inside for myself today

I saw something false, so I took of the mask


I took off my mask


Now apathy is a form of reality

So I tighten my gloves, look at it straight

Apathy is somewhat like love, you see

You must fight it long, and win


Fight it long and win


I realized that hope was real today

I grasped the wind and held on strong

I realized I needed to hope today

I felt it come and lift me home


Let it come lift you home


Im not ready for anything beautiful


So that long dull drone

Beat something in my soul

That told me I was wrong

That told me I was wrong

I thought some things

That never really could fit in

I knew that I was wrong

I knew that I was wrong

And the last last time

That I took a look behind

I dropped dead, I don’t want to drop dead


I stopped looking, inside today

I let the one who formed belong

I opened up, and wider still

I stopped looking


He is beautiful


So I fight it long and win


Love

No comments: