breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Monday, December 31, 2007

Hey

So I helped Pegacide with a show last night. The band is comprised of 4 members, a synth/noise machine, a guitar, an electric violin, and a drummer. Today they had our friend Andrew Henry helping on the viola.

The show started with Joel killing the synth/noise. Really nuts intelligent stuff. Then the rest of the band came up, except the drummer.

The music built up pretty well and the drummer, who was my brother Tom, came out in a cardboard robot suite.

When the music sort of changed paced I came out of the crowd and grabbed a snare drum, a bass tom, and a ride cymbal and put them in front of the stage side by side. Then me and two of my friends got on our knee's and rocked out on these percussion instruments.

At one point I thought my arms were going to fall off from playing so hard and loud.

Eventually we stopped.

The whole set ended up being one big 35 minute song.

No comments: