breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Cats

I love studio Ghibli films. Hayao Miyazaki is a genius, no way around it. Anything he puts out I fall in love with, or maybe it is an intense form of "like". Well, he is good---real good.

Heres a short plot summary of a 15 minute movie he made called
"Mizugumo Monmon".

Monmon, a water spider, one day meets a pond skater girl. Monmon falls in love with her. Will his love be ever fulfilled?

Come on! Amazing!


But my favorite movie by Ghibli is called The Cat Returns. I know just about every word to this movie. I know, this is a strange side of me that not alot of people know about. Heres some quotes from the the movie.


Haru: ... Moo-ta.
Muta: Moo? Are you saying Im a fat cow?
Haru: No! Youre just fat!

Baron: Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear.



You don't get much more amazing then that. If you don't believe me, go rent the movies.



2 comments:

pleath said...

that post made me really homesick for some reason... I think I might rent The Cat Returns...

Tom said...

One of the best animated movies ever.
That reminds me John... you have to hear Whisper of the Heart by Miazaki. Its I think one of his earliest films, and is sort of the Genesis of the rest of his movies.