breath deeply...dream elusively

sometimes i wonder (where i am)

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I thought

I thought about this today.

I was reading first John, its a book in the Bible written by a guy named John. John was one of Jesus's 12 homies.

Well, I was reading the first chapter. It said that Jesus had no sin. It also said that the one who has Jesus inside of him does not commit sin.
But then I thought, come on Bible, we all sin. According to God's holy standards we all do sin and we are all going to hell.
Jesus also changed that of course, coming, doing that whole act of sacrifical love by dying on the cross and such.

So I thought, come on, we all sin.

So I wondered, who then actually has Jesus inside of them?

Then I thought, well goodness, ask and you shall recieve right, so we do have Jesus inside of us.

Then why do we sin? If we have a sinless Jesus inside of us, and those who love Jesus do not sin, then why do I sin?

Then I thought, no, wait John (me), you sin because although Jesus is inside of you, you just choose not to surrender those aspects of your life that you struggle with to Him.

I think surrendering those aspects to Him, somehow putting them in His hands, is how you Jesus becomes alive in you.

So I thought of Jesus for sure being inside of all of us who ask, but being trapped in some hearts, and free in other hearts.

It does make sense that if you allow a sinless Jesus to take control of your heart that you won't sin, that seems logical. He doesen't sin, so with him at the wheel, you don't sin. Makes sense.

This lead to yet another thought. If I do have Jesus in my heart, but I do not surrender to him my sinful acts, will I enter into heaven?

The Bible says those who fail to acknowledge God, God will in turn not acknowledge you when you go to heaven. That was a scary thought.

All who ask Jesus to come into their hearts with their mouths and believe Jesus is Lord are saved and they do have Jesus inside of them.

Yet if they choose not to acknowledge him they could still fail to enter into heaven.

If you are sinning, like continually, and you fail to surrender that sin to a sinless God, then failing to do so is a act of not acknowledging God. Like denying God's existance inside of you.

And though it is true you ask and you shall recieve, in the same principle you reap what you sow, and not acknowledging that you have a living and pure God living inside of you will lead you to Hell.

Also, don't go saying you are saved, you have Jesus, and then saying you don't believe in heaven or hell. Come one now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks John,

I am from Melbourne, Australia and googled the words of a song "The moon and You" by Ella - and I have been encouraged as well by some of your blogs about God. Julie